Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What is a reader?

                                                               



              Everyone can read, some read what they want and some don't even read at all. It all comes down to the type of person they are. The type of thing they enjoy in life and the ones they hate. A true reader, is the one that loves books, magazines, articles or even their textbooks. Its a passion a hobby something that makes you feel safe and confident. Reading books doesn't mean that you are going to like every one of them, it means that you might learn something from yourself. They open new worlds, new ideas that you can explore and get your own thoughts about, you might like them or you might not, but its the place that they take you to that you enjoy the most. 

My reading timeline started when I was about 5- years old. I would read books like Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. This books were my life at that age. I remember making my father read them to me every night, no I mean every night. Now that I'm older, everything changed. I have more responsibilities as school, at home and a lot of homework . I don't read as much as I would like. What I read now are my textbooks and some  book projects. 

     To be a good reader takes many years, first you need to learn more about yourself and the world to get the concepts of the books. I consider myself as just a simple reader. I'm 15 years old and I still have a lot of things to learn. One of my favorite authors this past year has been Jay Asher. He is a really talented writer, that makes you go into the story and be the mean character. This types of book like the ones Asher writes are the ones that I consider to be for a "simple reader" like me. I read this book because I had to do a project but I actually liked it and I have already read 3 books from that author.

   Reading will always be part of me, not because its something that I enjoy its also because of school. In future years I will have to read for High School and College hoping that in those years I can become the "good reader" I hope to be.           

2 comments:

  1. Hey... This blog ... I liked it... a lot c: Good diction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to do to be a better reader? But, i actually do comprehend on the whole "i read books because of school." I completely understand where you're coming from. I am the exact same way. I loved your story line by the way.

    ReplyDelete